Notes on data protection
Privacy statement and informing persons concerned pursuant to Art. 13, 14 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The protection of your personal data is an important issue for Flughafen Köln/Bonn GmbH (hereinafter: FKB). The collection and processing of your personal data by our company therefore only takes place in compliance with data protection guidelines. Here we would like to inform you on the collection and processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 13 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Responsibility for data processing lies with the Airport company, Flughafen Köln/Bonn GmbH, Heinrich-Steinmann-Str. 12, 51147 Cologne, represented by the Chief Executive Officer, Johan Vanneste. You can contact the data protection officer at FKB under the following e-mail address: info.dsbkoeln-bonn-airport.de.
When you visit this website and use its features, we will process your personal data as follows:
- Server log files: With every visit to the website your browser transmits access data, server log files, which we process to guarantee system security and draw up usage statistics. With these, information, such as the time of your enquiry, the site from where you visited us (referrer.URL), the sub-pages visited, your IP address, the data volume and the browser you have used, is transmitted to us. These data are required to ensure system security, e.g. to identify hack attackers and block the same. This is in our predominant, legitimate interest (Art. 6 I 1 f EU-GDPR).
- Social Media:You can also click on various social media tools and plug-ins and view our offers in these media or share information on the same with other users. You will recognize these offers by the respective icons.
All these plug-ins are deactivated, i.e. none of your data will be transmitted to the respective providers, as long as you do not click on these links. If you do click on the links, your data will be transmitted to the respective providers, in particular the referring page. This also applies if you do not have an account with the respective provider or are not logged in.
We have no influence on which personal data these third-party providers collect and how they deal with these. We are also not aware of this. Please consider that some of these providers are located outside the EU and your data may probably transmitted to non-member states for which an adequate level of data protection is not ensured. Further information on how your data are handled can be had from the respective third-party providers.
Information on third-party providers:
Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Irland,
Privacy Statement: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update?ref=old_policy, https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation, https://de-de.facebook.com/policies/cookies,
Data protection information: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217,
One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07 IRELAND.
Privacy Statement: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Privacy Statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA,
Privacy Statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de,
Data protection information: https://www.youtube.com/intl/de/yt/about/policies/#community-guidelines,
Via the social media links, we offer you opportunities to receive even more attractive offers from us on other channels and to communicate with these offers and their users directly. This way, we make our website more attractive and more interesting for you. Embedding the social media links is therefore in the predominant, legitimate interest of our enterprise (Art. 6 I 1 f EU-GDPR). By clicking actively, you can yourself decide whether your personal data are disclosed to third-party providers.
The parent companies of the social media providers are mostly located in the USA. If personal data are transmitted to the USA there is a sufficient level of protection in place via the EU-US-Privacy Shield, to which all the above-mentioned providers are subject, insofar as they are based in the USA (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Google (Google is responsible for YouTube in data protection issues) – List available at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list).
- Contact forms/e-mails: At various positions on the website you have the possibility of contacting FKB on several issues. This concerns any specific enquiries or complaints. We process the personal data you have given to us (name and contact data) and your message only to be able to deal with your matter as best as possible. That is in our legitimate interest (Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f GDPR). We do not disclose your data to third parties, unless this is absolutely necessary to process your enquiry.
- Google Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses tracking cookies, text files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of the use of the website. The information on your use of this website generated by the cookie is as a rule transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This website uses Google Analytics with the add-on “_anonymizeIp()”. Therefore, your IP address is abbreviated directly after transmission and thus anonymized. Specifically, within the member states of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement in the European Economic Area your IP address will be abbreviated by Google after transmission. Within the scope of Google Analytics, the IP address first transmitted from your browser and then abbreviated will not be combined with any other Google data. Acting on behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide services connected to the use of the internet vis-à-vis the website operator.
We use Google Analytics to be able to analyze the use of our website and improve this on a regular basis. Using the statistics derived here, we can improve our services and make our website more interesting for you as a user.
Information on third-party providers: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Privacy statement: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy,
Data protection information: www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
You can also block the capture function of Google Analytics, by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set, which prevents your data being captured on future visits to this website.
We also have offers of third-party enterprises embedded on this website. These are:
- Hotel reservation via Hotel DE GmbH, Hugo-Junkers-Str. 15-17, D-90411 Nürnberg
- Reservation of flights via ypsilon.net AG, Vilbeler Landstraße 203, 60388 Frankfurt
- Reservation of charter and private jets via PRO SKY AG, Schanzenstraße 6-20, 51063 Köln
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that FKB can neither influence the contents of these offers, nor does it have access to the personal data you have submitted in this connection. If you have questions as to data protection or privacy, please contact the respective provider directly.
For the operation of the website we cooperate with an external service provider whom we have carefully selected and obligated in compliance with the stipulations of the data protection law.
Your personal data shall generally be stored as long as legally required and/or is necessary to fulfil a contract or your enquiry, and/or in the event of consent until you have revoked your consent. Further storage shall only take place if this is in our justified interest and your interest does not predominate here.
Insofar as personal data are used relating to you as a natural person, you have various claims vis-à-vis us as regards data protection. Pursuant to § 34 BDSG [German Federal Data Protection Act], Art. 15 EU-GDPR, you have the right to information on your personal data stored and the source of the same, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data have been disclosed and the purpose of their storage.
Moreover, pursuant to § 35 BDSG, Art. 16 - 18 EU-GDPR, where appropriate, you also have the right to rectification, deletion or restriction (of processing) of your personal data. Pursuant to Art. 20 EU-GDPR, you can also demand the data be transferred to another responsible authority.
Furthermore, you can object to the further processing of your personal data if we are processing your data on the basis of a legitimate interest (Art. 6 I 1 f EU-GDPR). Insofar as we do not process your data for advertising purposes there must be a reason arising from a special situation on your part. In the case of objection, we will no longer process your personal data after input and during the following verification, and once the verification has been completed – in the case of a justified objection – delete your personal data (§ 36 BDSG, Art. 21 EU-GDPR).
You can revoke the consent to data processing (Art. 6 I 1 a EU-GDPR) at any time; in such a case, we shall no longer process your personal data, unless there is a legal authorization for this.
An objection or revocation shall not affect the legitimacy of data processing in the past.
We shall fulfill your legal rights without delay and free of charge. Please contact us or our data protection officer; our contact data can be found at the beginning of this privacy statement.
Lastly, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Supervisory Authority responsible - pursuant to Art. 77 EU-GDPR.